A winning recipe from the “Real-Worldly, Real Simple Beef & Potato Recipes” category of the 2013 National Beef Cook-Off Contest.
Makes: 4 servings
Total Recipe Time: 45 minutes
- 1 boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick (about 1 pound)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 cups cubed yellow potatoes (½ inch pieces)
- 1 container (16 ounces) refrigerated salsa
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1 Fresh California Avocado, peeled, cut into ½ inch pieces
- ½ cup light (50% less fat) sour cream
- ½ cup fresh chopped cilantro
- Cut beef steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into ¼ inch thick strips.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add half of beef; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. Remove from skillet. Repeat with 1 teaspoon oil and remaining beef. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- Heat remaining 4 teaspoons oil in same skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add potatoes. Cook 7 to 8 minutes or until browned and crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Carefully stir in salsa, red pepper and garlic salt. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, covered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Return beef to skillet. Add corn; cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in avocado. Serve with sour cream and cilantro.
Nutritional Facts Per Serving:
|Fat||17 g||Fiber||6.0 g|
|Cholesterol||78 mg||Protein||31 g|