Cubes of Top Sirloin are marinated for flavor in a mixture of orange peel, cilantro and smoked paprika. They are then grilled alongside skewers of watermelon, peaches, and mango.
Makes: 4 servings
Total Recipe Time: 40 to 45 minutes
- 1 pound beef Top Sirloin Steak Boneless, cut 1 inch thick
- 1 medium orange
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper (optional)
- 4 cups cubed mango, watermelon, peaches and/or plums
- Grate peel and squeeze 2 tablespoons juice from orange; reserve juice. Combine orange peel, cilantro, paprika, and ground red pepper, if desired, in small bowl. Cut beef Steak into 1 ¼-inch pieces. Place beef and 2 ½ tablespoons cilantro mixture in food-safe plastic bag; turn to coat. Place remaining cilantro mixture and fruit in separate food-safe plastic bag; turn to coat. Close bags securely. Marinate beef and fruit in refrigerator 15 minutes to 2 hours.
- Soak eight 9-inch bamboo skewers in water 10 minutes; drain. Thread beef evenly onto four skewers leaving small space between pieces. Thread fruit onto remaining four separate skewers.
- Place kabobs on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill beef kabobs, covered, 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 9 to 11 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Grill fruit kabobs 5 to 7 minutes or until softened and beginning to brown, turning once.
- Season beef with salt, as desired. Drizzle reserved orange juice over fruit kabobs.
Nutritional Facts Per Serving:
|Fat||6 g||Fiber||2.4 g|
|Cholesterol||70 mg||Protein||27 g|
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium, zinc and choline; and a good source of iron.
Source: Beef -It’s What’s for Dinner