Savor the taste of summer all year round with this quick and easy low calorie chicken salad. The secret ingredient — lemon flavored yogurt!
Servings: 4 (¼ cups/serving)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1¼ cups (10 ounces) low-fat lemon flavored yogurt
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- ¾ cup sliced celery (about 3 stalks)
- ½ cup green onions (about 6), thinly sliced
- ½ cup red bell pepper, diced (about ½ medium pepper)
- Salt & pepper to taste
In a medium bowl, combine yogurt and mayonnaise. Mix in blueberries (saving a few for garnish) chicken, celery, green onions and bell pepper. Mix gently. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate to let flavors blend for at least 30 minutes.
Serve over endive or other salad greens with reserved blueberries and lemon slices, if desired.
Nutritional Facts Per Serving
|Total Fat||6 g||Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g||Protein
|Cholesterol||63 mg||Calcium||15% Daily Value|
Source: Dairy Makes Sense