The 2012 Olympic Games will, no doubt, include photo-finishes, heart racing competitions and tearful medal ceremonies. A meal befitting the occasion should include nothing but the best, so we’ve gathered five recipes worthy of gold!
- Sesame-Soy Steak Stir-Fry on Wonton Crisps are the perfect hand-held snack to nosh on while watching synchronized swimming. The way the flavors play gracefully together will dazzle your taste buds.
- Samba Steak Stir-Fry will pack a punch (of heat from jalapeno and chipotle) reminiscent of any great boxing match.
- Beef Spring Rolls with Carrots and Cilantro are so simple and delicious when dipped in a sauce, so we think they ought to be enjoyed while divers spring into the water.
- Spicy Shanghai Steak and Noodle Stir-Fry reminds us of the delicate ribbons used during the gymnastics floor routine. Try eating with chopsticks to see how talented you are!
- Thai Beef Wok ‘n Roll Ups offer a refreshing crunch with only a handful of ingredients—each one playing an important role. Sounds like many of the team sports we love to watch!
Enjoy these Olympic Games and “Go Team USA!” If you are interested in high-res images for these recipes, or if you have any questions, please feel free to contact Colleen Zenk, Director of Consumer Information and Nutrition, Minnesota Beef Council at firstname.lastname@example.org or 952-851-7994, You can always visit BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com for more timely story ideas and delicious recipes.
Go team USA
On behalf of the beef checkoff!