Makes: 5 servings
Prep Time: Under 30 minutes
Total Time: Less than 1 Hour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red chilies
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt and freshly ground pepper, if desired
- 1 package JENNIE-O TURKEY STORE® Extra Lean Ground Turkey Breast
- 1/4 cup CHI-CHI’S® salsa, drained
- 3/4 cup cilantro, divided
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- WHOLLY GUACAMOLE®, if desired
- CHI-CHI’S® salsa, if desired
- 5 reduced calorie burger buns
- 1/3 cup reduced fat monterey jack cheese, shredded
In small bowl, combine cumin, garlic powder, chili powder, crushed red chilies, paprika, and salt and pepper, if desired.
Mix ground turkey, half of spice mixture, salsa, and 1/2 cup cilantro; form into 5 1/2″ thick patties. Lightly spray patties with cooking spray. Preheat skillet over medium-high heat. Place patties in hot skillet. Cook approximately 17-19 minutes turning occasionally (2-3 times). Always cook to well done, 165°F as measured by a meat thermometer.
Meanwhile, coat large frying pan with cooking spray. Cook onions, peppers, and remaining spice mixture over medium-high heat for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in remaining 1/4 cup cilantro.
To assemble burgers, spread guacamole and salsa, if desired, on buns. Place burgers, cheese, and vegetable mixture on buns.