Handwashing. It’s a pretty simple concept, and we all know it’s important. In fact, it is probably one of the most important, yet simple things we can do to ensure food safety in our kitchens. But are we doing it well enough to kill germs?
Here are a few basics to help you and your family make sure you’re scrubbing up right.
- Use warm water and soap every time you wash.
- Wash for at least 20 seconds – singing the ABC’s can be a fun way for kids (and adults!) to make sure they wash long enough.
- Before and during food preparation, before eating, and after using the bathroom are all important times to wash.
- For small children, get a step stool so they can reach the sink comfortably.
- Set a good example for your family of correct hand washing.
Happy hand washing!